Rules to Live By
Here we are, folks, at the end of another year. There is an old curse that states, “May you live in interesting times,” and I have to say that has definitely been the truth around the world for the past year or so. In the midst of all this turmoil I have been blessed to have both a wonderful team and wonderful patients here at Palmetto Endocrinology. We have been able to work to see our patients through telemedicine and in-person visits (following CDC guidelines).
For my last blog for 2021, I thought I would share some of the rules I live by-
1. Follow the three Rs:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for all your actions
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson
3. Be gentle with the earth
4. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values
5. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
6. Learn the rules so you can break them properly
7. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship
8. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a great stroke of luck
9. Share your knowledge, it’s a way to achieve immortality
10. Live a good, honorable life. Then, when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.